VILLAGESChurch of Saint Paraskevi DASOCHORI Dasochori is a small hamlet on a hillside two kilometres from the famous Chapel of Saint Theodora. It is reached from Karnasi via an impressive road through a forest of oaks and maple trees - hence its name which means forest village. The first thing on show is the caféneon which has its own basketball court. Basketball has a long history in Greece, having first come to the country in 1910, and a favourite pass time for fans is to gather in cafés to watch televised games. On the northern side of the village is a picnic area with a fountain. It is a cool place to sit and enjoy the spectacular scenery.